Calendar of Events
Lecture: “Achieving Optimal Implant Aesthetics Using a Team Approach”
Speakers: Drs. Ana Becil Giglio & Graz Giglio
When: April 26, 2023, 6:30pm-9:00pm at the Pines Manor, 2085 Lincoln Hwy, Edison, NJ
The presentation will focus on optimizing the aesthetic results of dental implant therapy by using a collaborative approach between the surgeon, the restorative dentist, and the laboratory technician. The three principal factors to consider in implant therapy are;
- Surgical parameters which include hard and soft tissue requirements, three-dimensional implant position, and implant size;
- Restorative parameters comprised of screw access, angle, abutment dis/reconnection, restorative contours, restorative material, screw vs. cement retention and occlusion; and
- Implant collar features including the collar surface and abutment-implant connection.
Treatment options, planning and sequencing of care to reduce the number of visits, will be presented in detail. The surgical and restorative therapies will range from single implant solutions to complete arch rehabilitations. Topics that will be discussed: immediate implant placement and provisionalization; peri-implant complex considerations; aesthetic restorative implant components; and the use of digital dentistry in implant therapy.
- Evaluate the patient’s aesthetic and functional needs
- Formulate a suitable treatment plan, sequence, and coordinate treatment efficiently
- Understand the peri-implant complex as it relates to prosthetic design
- Improve patient comfort and care
Biographies of the Speakers:
Dr. Ana Becil Giglio
Dr. Ana Giglio is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. Dr. Giglio received her dental and periodontal training at New York University College of Dentistry where she taught in the post-graduate program for 27 years. She is a member of numerous dental organizations and is past president of the Northeastern Society of Periodontists. Dr. Giglio is currently serving as Secretary/Treasurer of the American Academy of Periodontology. She shares a multi-specialty practice in New York City with her husband, Dr. Graz Giglio.
Dr. Graz Giglio
Dr. Graz Giglio is a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics. Dr. Giglio received his dental and prosthodontic training at New York University College of Dentistry, where he has taught in the post-graduate program for over 30 years. Dr Graz Giglio is a member of multiple dental organizations and is past president of the Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics. In 2013, Dr. Giglio received the Prosthodontist Private Practice Award from the American College of Prosthodontists. He shares a private practice in New York City with his wife, Dr Ana Giglio, and lectures extensively on implant, aesthetics and digital technology.